The Boundary Youth Soccer Association (BYSA) is a local grass-roots organization geared towards providing structured affordable soccer in the Kootenay-Boundary region. Our geographic region stretches from Christina Lake to Bridesville, and includes the communities of Grand Forks, Big White, Midway, and Rock Creek, in addition to the aforementioned boundary areas.
Our seasons are split into two parts; the fall, which runs for approximately six weeks from September to mid-October; and the spring, which typically runs from April to June. During that time, we engage upwards of three hundred players in our league, which features regular inter-community play, as well as two larger scale tournaments to bookend the spring season.
Our not-for-profit group is looking for a dynamic and organized self-started who loves to engage with people and is looking for part-time work. The job entails working with both the Board of Directors for BYSA and coordinating with volunteers and coaches to support them in bringing the beautiful game to the Boundary.
The job timing is disproportionate; things are very busy during the spring, but much more relaxed during the fall/winter months. This allows time for inventory and looking at ways to advance the BYSA mandate..
Further inquiries? Contact Us with the title “Operations Manager”, and we will endeavour to answer any questions.
To Apply; Please forward a short cover letter stating your interest and an attached CV to Contact Us .This job posting starts on December 5th ,2022, and closes on December 31st, 2022, at 9:00 AM.
The Boundary Youth Soccer Association is looking for an Operations Manager to coordinate their youth soccer league. This position is excellent for someone seeking part-time work who is self-motivated, organized, and loves dealing with people. The successful applicant would be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the BYSA, and would require a successful criminal records check.
Our Operations Manager is expected to work with Board and volunteers to ensure that the organization’s mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach, and should adhere to board mandates and provide feedback to enhance operations and functionality of the association. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with conflict appropriately and in a courteous manner are critical skills for this role. The organization runs on volunteers, and as such they must be accorded treatment reflective of their invaluable role in the BYSA.
Please note that workflow varies from month to month dependent on the time of year in our operations. Peak season runs from mid-February through to June, and again mid-August to October.
The Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Overseeing the daily functions, operations, facilities, and services of the Association.
- Assisting with website maintenance and be the first point of contact for pertinent correspondence
- Managing communications between the membership, coaches, volunteers, and the Board of Directors
- Player registration, team and coach assignment, game and referee scheduling and field layouts.
- Coordinating equipment hand-outs, returns, and inventory, including the maintenance of jerseys and other equipment.
- Contact and communicate with BC Soccer and other affiliated Clubs.
- Coordinating K4K, tournaments and friendlies with other clubs.
- Attending Association board meetings as required and provide monthly reports on past month activities and future activities needing attention (with concrete deadlines.) The employee monthly and cumulative hourly log will also be presented at each meeting.
- Oversee the collection of appropriate member information, including coaching certifications and Criminal Record Checks as required, in a confidential manner, and ensuring timely communications of such information to the Association Secretary.
With the support and assistance of the Board of Directors, the Operations Manager will also play a key role in the following activities:
- Report to, and work closely with, the Board of Directors to increase the overall visibility of the Association.
- Support Annual General Meeting activities each year
- Be available to work with the Board to create an annual budget and calendar of events.
- Actively pursue opportunities for Player, Coach, Referee and Volunteer recruitment
- Identifying inventory shortfalls, and with Board approval, ordering supplies and equipment
- Oversee referee and coaches’ clinics, in conjunction with Board governance
- Assist with the management and direction of volunteers of the Association as required.
Annual remuneration of $15,000/annum.